Our Online Banking Bill Pay service is a quick and easy way to pay your bills online. You can set up as many payees as you wish and pay your bills faster than it takes to microwave a bag of popcorn. You can set up a one-time payment or a recurring payment for a bill that has the same dollar amount due each month. Use our Bill Pay service for free for the first six months. There is a monthly fee of $2.95 after the initial six months. This charge will post to your account at the time your statement prints.
The Bill Payment menu is found in NetTeller. There are two ways of paying your bills using our Online Banking Bill Pay service – electronic payments and check payments. When you set up a payee, the system will automatically search to see if the payment can be processed electronically. If not, the system will default the payment to a check payment. Monthly, the system will update the payees in the electronic database and check to see if any of your payments previously done by check can now be done as an electronic payment.
Electronic payments – If a company is included in the electronic database, you can electronically pay that bill. If the funds are available in your account, an electronic payment will be posted to your checking account the same day it is authorized if done before 1:00 PM and will be applied to your bill within 3-4 business days. If the funds are not available, the payment will continue to be attempted until either the funds become available or you delete the payment.
Check payments – If a company is not included in the electronic database, a check payment will be made. A physical check will be generated and mailed to the company to pay your bill. The first Bill Pay check drawn on your account will be check #600000 and each subsequent check will continue in sequential order. Funds are not verified and the check will clear your account just like a regular check written from your checkbook. If the funds are not available at the time the check is presented for payment, the check may be returned and an overdraft fee may be charged. Please note:
- Make sure to allow up to 5-7 business days for check payments to be delivered as they are mailed from Oklahoma City. Note: We have no control over the US Postal Service. Late fees incurred by not allowing enough time to deliver your check will not be refunded by the Bank.
- When making electronic payments, there may be several payees that match your search. Make sure to choose the correct payee by comparing the address given with the mailing address on your payment slip.
- If the system does not bring up your payee the first time you enter it, try different variations of the name. For example, if a company uses an acronym, try spelling out the entire name.
- On the Add Payee screen, there is a link to a list of common payees that successfully receive electronic payments. You can refer to this list for spelling and/or spacing in order to find your payee in the electronic database.
- If your Bill Pay account is inactive for six consecutive months, your Bill Pay access will be discontinued. This will not affect your online access to your account information.