Telephone Banking Service
BUZZ is your telephone connection to your accounts at the First National Bank of Groton, giving you immediate access to the information that you need most often.
With BUZZ you can quickly and easily:
- Inquire about account balances
- Determine the transactions since your last statement
- Verify social security deposits as well as other electronic funds or ATM transfers
- Make transfers and loan payments.
The first time you use BUZZ
To access information using BUZZ, you will need your account number(s) and your four to eight digit Personal Identification Number (PIN).
The first time you access your account(s) through BUZZ, you will be required to enter your social security number and zip code. You will then be prompted to create a new four to eight digit PIN.
It is very important that you create a PIN as soon as possible. You should be able to do this within two days of opening an account.
The PIN should be a number that you will remember. Please do not write it down where someone else could find it and use it. Do not share your PIN with anyone, as confidential information about your accounts could be gathered by an unauthorized individual.
If you feel that your PIN has been obtained by an unauthorized person, please contact the Bank immediately at 607-898-5871. We will assist you in correcting the situation.
Before using BUZZ, make sure you have your account number(s) and your PIN handy. You will also be required to enter the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Call buzz from any Touch-Tone™ phone at 607-898-9700, 315-497-2200, or toll free at 844-301-6393.
- Wait for the greeting and then follow the simple instructions.
- The system is set up to respond to selections you make using the Touch-Tone™ keys. However if you prefer to use Voice Response, just press 2 when prompted.
- You will be offered a series of menu selections to choose from. To access these selections from the opening menu, simply press the corresponding number(s) on the phone.
The opening menu provides access to the following options:
1. Balances – provides access to balances for:
- Certificates of Deposit
2. History – provides access to history for:
- Certificates of Deposit
3. Transfer Funds – allows you to:
- Transfer funds immediately
- Schedule a funds transfer
- Make a payment now
- Hear existing scheduled transfers
- Delete an existing scheduled transfer
4. Future Dated Transactions – lists direct deposits and automatic debits.
5. Inquire on Existing Stop Payments
6. Change Your PIN
7. Get Bank Hours
- Lobby hours
- Drive Up hours
We have multifactor authentication for your protection while using BUZZ. This means that you are required to provide two pieces of information to access your accounts – your PIN and your Social Security number.
Action Keys on your telephone are as follows:
* to return to the previous menu.
0 to transfer to an operator.
3* to return to the main menu.
9* to enter a different account number.
To end your call, simply hang up.